Wednesday 12 December 2012

Trinity Centre Part 2 - There's a lot of competition

Being such an interesting place it was to be expected that it would attract fascinating people and the three interviews I recorded on Friday were compelling. It was very clear to me that I was talking to three talented and enthusiastic subjects who I believe would be a valuable asset to many companies but who all had their own stories about how difficult it is to break into the industry.

The level of competition is seemingly very high and being enthusiastic and talented is, apparently, not enough. One of the points that was made to me was that volunteering was a good way of seeking exposure and gaining experience, something employers appear to be very keen on.

Thanks to Emma and everyone who gave interviews. Two very worthwhile visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment