Friday 9 November 2012

Bristol Hospital Broadcasting Service Interviews

I had a good time interviewing a couple of the guys at Bristol's hospital radio station on Wednesday evening (07/11/2012). I'm happy (and slightly relieved) to have got my first interviews done. I suspected interviewing people would be fun and I'm pleased to say it turns out that's the case.

Judging by the interviews held with Emma and Shiubhan, young people who are looking to break into the creative industries are both interesting and a little frustrated, which I guess is one of the driving factors behind this whole project.

Although I'm only at the very beginning of my research a couple of recurring themes have already come up:
  1. London; If you go there it will help (or at least that's what people think).
  2. Experience; You'll only get a job if you already have experience of said job (I think this is a bit chicken and eggish but I'm not sure if that's the right metaphor)
  3. It helps to know someone in the business/company.
It's very early days and it'll be interesting to see if these themes continue. I'll keep you posted here and please let me know what you think by leaving a comment,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment